I didn’t know what to expect from the RPG, but first and foremost I am super excited to see that players are given the roles of Vagabonds (my favorite role in the board game)! Vagabonds are the neutral faction who run around causing chaos, temporarily allying with different factions, and making a quick buck where they can. In the RPG it seems that they will serve a similar purpose. Players will be able to play any kind of forest animal they want combined with different types of character classes including:
- Arbiter: a powerful warrior devoted to what they think is right and just.
- Ranger: a rugged denizen at home in the forest and the wild.
- Scoundrel: a troublemaker, arsonist, and destroyer. e ief: a clever and stealthy burglar or pickpocket.
- Tinker: a technically savvy maker of equipment and machines.
- Vagrant: a wandering rabble-rouser and trickster who survives on words.
As neutral parties in this war, it will be up to the players to decide if they will join a side, like the Eyrie Dynasty or the Woodland Alliance, or find their own fame and fortune.
The rules of the game are based on the Apocalypse system (Apocalypse World, Dungeon World, Masks: A New Generation, Urban Shadows) with a focus on storytelling and accessible gameplay. You can get a taste of the game through the free quickstart rules here and learn more about the Kickstarter here.
You can find the Kickstarter here: http://bit.ly/2lY978V