Pandemic: Hot Zone – Europe Coming Soon!
Asmodee and Z-Man Games has officially announced the next installment in the Pandemic line: Pandemic: Hot Zone – Europe! The game is headed to stores on July 9th, but you can already try it out via Z-Man’s website as a free PDF download!
Pandemic: Hot Zone is a spinoff from the original game and is designed to be shorter and more travel friendly while still giving you the Pandemic experience. In the game you’ll team up with your friends and family to fight diseases across the continent by treating cities, preventing outbreaks, and building up your research. Pandemic: Hot Zone offers and extra challenge in the form of Mutation cards which make each disease behave differently until it is cured.
Hemisphere, a new mechanic introduced in Pandemic: Hot Zone – Europe, allows players to Hot Zone – Europe and Pandemic: Hot Zone – North America for a more challenging experience. You can get the full Hemisphere rules for free on the Zman website here.
Pandemic: Hot Zone – Europe Key Features:
- Shorter, more portable version of the best-selling cooperative game Pandemic.
- Second title in the Pandemic: Hot Zone series with unique Europe board.
- Players work together to discover cures to 3 diseases, winning or losing as a team.
- Mutation cards can be added to increase difficulty.
- Components can be mixed and matched with other Pandemic: Hot Zone games.
- Supports 2-4 players with games lasting approximately 30 minutes.
If you want to learn more about the sensitivities of launching a Pandemic board game in 2021, check out Matt Leacock and Steve Kimball’s thoughts on developing and releasing Pandemic: Hot Zone – Europe in a blog post here.
To learn more about Pandemic: Hot Zone – Europe, Pandemic and Z-man games, go to www.zmangames.com.